From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: All or Anonymous User Roles
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:47:03 GMT

> On Dec 10, 2015, at 3:12 PM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Assuming I understand what your saying, that sounds great.
>
> So they would be similar to the current Temporal Constraints, but really just check boxes,
one for Anon and another for Auth. So when a session was activated for an authed user, any
roles (and therefore permissions) with the isAuthenticated=true flag  would be active?

Correct.  As you stated we’re already doing role activation validations with the temporal
constraints.  We’re taking advantage of an existing plug-in.  We’ll add another validator
for isAuthenticated.  Easy to do and it makes sense to have it in the core.

Shawn