From Boris Bobrov <bbob...@mirantis.com>
Subject Re: REST API request parameters
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 16:59:02 GMT
On Tuesday 08 December 2015 10:46:11 Shawn McKinney wrote:
> > On Dec 8, 2015, at 8:58 AM, Boris Bobrov <bbobrov@mirantis.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to understand how the XML I'm sending to the Fortress
> > REST API should look like. So far I've experimented with test
> > files in fortress-enmasse/src/test/resources/
> > and them seem to be working. But how do I understand which
> > parameteres are required for userGrant call? There are several
> > fields in emTestCheckAccess.xml, where do they come from?
> >
> > A similar question was answered in [0], but I still can't figure
> > it out
> >
> > [0]
> > https://www.mail-archive.com/fortress@directory.apache.org/msg000
> > 41.html
> >
> > As a general note, it would be very valuable to have docs for
> > non-Java people, especially because the REST interface will be
> > used mainly by them.
> Hello Boris,
>
> Probably the best place to go to determine what the required and
> optional attributes are is the generated javadoc.  Here is an older
> copy:
>
> http://symas.com/javadocs/enmasse/

It seems that the links there don't work. They all redirect me to
"Welcome to Symas Enforcement Foundry”.

Anyway, I was able to build and use javadoc from git.

> For example the grant service:
>
> 	• grant
>
> org.openldap.fortress.rest.FortResponse
> grant(org.openldap.fortress.rest.FortRequest request) This command
> grants a role the permission to perform an operation on an object
> to a role. The command is implemented by granting permission by
> setting the access control list of the object involved. The command
> is valid if and only if the pair (operation, object) represents a
> permission, and the role is a member of the ROLES data set.
> required parameters

Do I get it right that each parameter corresponds to an XML tag? So,
for PermGrant.objName there should be
<objName>sometestobject</objName>, right?

--
Best regards,
Boris Bobrov