From Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Retrieving Role Permissions
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 16:39:55 GMT
Ok, another API question, I'm trying to search for permissions using the reviewManager "findPermissions"
method, but am never getting any results returned. Any ideas?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: fortress@directory.apache.org
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 3:01:10 PM
Subject: Re: Retrieving Role Permissions

> On Dec 14, 2015, at 12:44 PM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>

> On the review manager, there is a method permissionUsers that says it returns all users
who have been directly granted a permission. How can a user be directly granted a permission?
I thought permissions were only granted through roles?

Yes, RBAC prescribes user-roles-permissions.  The user-permission mapping is not part of the
rbac standard but is nonetheless simple, useful, and has been there since the beginning.

Shawn