From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.0-RC41 Release
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:40:23 GMT

> On Dec 10, 2015, at 12:12 PM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> We had discussed the idea of a RoleOU, similar to a PermOU, which would be used by ARBAC
and eliminate the ARBAC role explosion problem. It would also give us an easy way to group
roles for a particular application together. What are your thoughts on that proposal?

I am in favor of working together to fix the problems identified with the ARBAC02 model.
As for the idea of adding another ou data struct, we’ll need to spend more time thinking
and discussing - let’s start with a JIRA ticket and go from there.

But I don’t want to hold up the RC41 release for new features.  What I am in favor of is
getting RC41 done ASAP, i.e. in the next week or so.  At the same time we continue to work
on the new features, structural changes to the projects (merge) and release those as 1.0.0
just as soon as stable.

Shawn