From Jan Sindberg <...@autorola.com>
Subject SV: Replacing Ehcache?
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 08:31:11 GMT
From: Shawn McKinney [mailto:smckinney@apache.org]
> 1. december 2015 16:33
>
> > On Dec 1, 2015, at 8:11 AM, Jan Sindberg <jsi@autorola.com> wrote:
> >
> > We have our own library shared across our applications. [...]
> > [...]   So my goal was to follow our enterprise decision and use our library
> > which our developers and operations should already know how to configure,
> > monitor, operate, etc.
>
> Do you think the existing cache manager interface is sufficient?
>
> If answer is ‘yes’, we would then change (fix) the cache manager
> infrastructure to allow external plug-in.  This means you would build a new
> cache manager impl for your existing infrastructure and plug it in using the
> cache factory.  Should be easy.
>
> If the answer is ‘no’, we can discuss what’s missing and go from there.
>
> Shawn

I will look into it. The interesting point for us is probably initialization . Since it is
an extension point in the Fortress "framework", I think that it is as it should be ....
Before I dive into this, could you take a look at my other question regarding Cache lifecycle?
It seems to me that the cache has very little impact on system runtime performance of an RBAC
guarded application. It might help Fortress Commander - but my concern is about the many permissions
that is constantly checked in the application. I don't see any slowness but I might have to
deal with network latency in real production environments.