From Jan Sindberg <...@autorola.com>
Subject SV: Replacing Ehcache?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 14:11:09 GMT
From: Shawn McKinney [mailto:smckinney@apache.org]
1. december 2015 14:53

> > On Dec 1, 2015, at 3:41 AM, Jan Sindberg <jsi@autorola.com> wrote:
> >
> > I was looking for a way of replacing Ehcache with another implementation. I
> have seen the Cache-interface. All managers in Fortress uses the same
> CacheFactory which is hardcoded to initiate a Ehcache implementation. Am I
> overlooking an extension point or some clever configuration?
>
> You are correct.  Which cache are you wanting to use - hazlecast?  I have
> been considering a change as well.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn

We have our own library shared across our applications. Our library is mainly a wrapper or
decorator with features such as event-bus integration and features for operations. I think
we currently use Guava for the actual cache. So my goal was to follow our enterprise decision
and use our library which our developers and operations should already know how to configure,
monitor, operate, etc.