From Jan Sindberg <...@autorola.com>
Subject Configuration
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2015 21:43:43 GMT
I am looking at fortress.properties and build.properties. I am beginning to realize that some
configuration is for initial setup of the base structure with the ant-script and a file such
as refreshLDAP.xml
I'm also looking at Javadoc in GlobalIds.java and trying to trace some of these.
Until now I have seen the documentation on https://directory.apache.org/fortress/installation/apacheds.html
and followed the ten minutes guide.
Is there any more documentation which explains in a little more detail how I make this production
ready?
It occurs to me that the fortress.properties I am currently using in our test-environment
doesn't even define suffix ... I was just about to say that I can't understand how that works,
but then I realized that the config-tool initializes itself with values stored on the LDAP.

# This node contains fortress properties stored on behalf of connecting LDAP clients:
config.realm=DEFAULT
config.root=ou=Config,dc=example,dc=com

The (generated) config/bootstrap/fortress.properties is used when setting up the Fortress
DIT and a config for one Fortress Host (or application).
And the slimmed down config/fortress.properties contains what is needed at normal runtime.
Well -- There I got a little closer :-)
I probably wants to use different suffix for individual applications, but I can imagine that
I probably don't want to mess with the rest of the Fortress DIT :-)
Any good advices or documents I should read in order to become convincingly knowing and get
the config production ready?