From Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Static Config Initialization Problems
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:18:24 GMT
We can't use a static variable since it would result in the same problem we are trying to fix
(exceptions on static initialization)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: fortress@directory.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:59:44 AM
Subject: Re: Static Config Initialization Problems

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 7:34 AM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Ok, I'll work on my branch and get the tests working. What do you mean by wrap Config.getInstance()
with CONFIG?

Cool.

Please use a method wrapper such as this for the code references:

public final class GlobalIds
{

    public static final Config CONFIG = Config.getInstance(  );

or if you have a better way that’s fine too.  Don’t want to see Config.getIntance().getProperty(…)
in a kazillion places.

Thanks,

Shawn