From Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Static Config Initialization Problems
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 13:04:59 GMT
I agree it could be structured better, let me think about it.

As for the GlobalIds, any variables being loaded from remote config can't be static since
it could fail to load.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: fortress@directory.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 8:36:48 AM
Subject: Re: Static Config Initialization Problems

> On Apr 26, 2016, at 6:33 PM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Ok, I missed one of the spots where ldap connection calls the "remote" config. Trying
pulling and running the tests again.

That did the trick, tests are passing now.  I do have concerns about the local and remote
config.  I know why you did it, but don’t think that the caller should know which one it’s
getting.  Somehow we have to do that inside the config class itself.  Any ideas?

Also noticed that some references to GlobalIds uses getInstance() and some don’t.  Is there
some reason for that?

Shawn