From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache Directory Fortress 1.0.0
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2016 15:06:25 GMT
Once again we vote for a release of Apache Directory Fortress core, realm, rest and web components.
 This version is 1.0.0 and a temporary tag has been created in git: ‘1.0.0'.

The staging repo on Nexus:
- core: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1091
- realm: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1092
- rest: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1093
- web: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1094

The source distros:
http://home.apache.org/~smckinney/

The testing procedures:
- Follow one of these guides:
  * https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-APACHEDS.md
  * https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-SLAPD.md

- Complete (only) the sections leading up to and including the SECTION entitled: 'Apache Fortress
Core Integration Test’

- Integration testing requires installing either apacheds or openldap to your machine but
the setup is pretty fast / easy and complete instructions are provided here.

This is a good opportunity for you to get involved in this project.  If having questions or
problems submit them here or contact me off list.  Your help here will enable us to streamline
these procedures which will make it easier the next time.

Let us vote:
[ ] +1 | Release Fortress core, realm, rest and web 1.0.0
[ ] +/-0 | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do *NOT* Release Fortress core, realm, rest and web 1.0.0

Shawn