From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need Help with the Project Website
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2016 18:16:25 GMT
Le 16/04/16 18:28, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I have been doing some spring cleaning:
> https://directory.apache.org/fortress/
>
> The content is sparse and we can do better.  If there’s something that needs to be
added or changed, let me know, and I will do so (assuming it makes sense).  If you’re willing
to publish some work here, so much the better.

> Shawn

I Shawn !

Looking at the graphic, I would rather go for something like :

+---+ +---------------------------------+ +---+
|   | |                                 | |   |
|   | |           Application           | |   |
|   | |                                 | |   |
|   | +---------------------------------+ |   |
|   | <---------------------------------> |   |
|   | +---------------------------------+ |   |
|   | |                                 | |   |
|   | |          Fortress Core          | |   |
|   | |                                 | |   |
|   | +------------------+ - - - - - - -+ |   |
|   | <----------------> |              | |   |    LDAP V3
|   | +----------------+ |   LDAP API
+----------------------+----------------------+
|   | |                | |              | |   |
|                      |
|   | |    ApacheDS    | +--------------+ |   |
+-------v-------+    +---------v---------+
|   | |                |                  |   |        |
|    |                   |
|   | +----------------+                  |   |        |   OpenLDAP
|    |   DIRECTORY XXX   |
|                     J V M                   |

to render the fact that Fortress is below the Application, and above any
LDAP server. In your schema, it gives the impression that LDAP is at the
top, and the application is really far down in the stack.

We don't see the other component (realm, rest, web).