From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP connection timeout
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 13:26:17 GMT

> On Apr 7, 2016, at 12:15 PM, Jan Sindberg <jsi@autorola.com> wrote:
>
>> Fra: Shawn McKinney [mailto:smckinney@apache.org]
>> Jan, one of the advantages to being a volunteer is not having to apologize.
>
> Thanks, but I do prefer to answer when I get addressed :-) And I really, really wanted
to do more that has been possible lately.

OK

> On Apr 7, 2016, at 12:15 PM, Jan Sindberg <jsi@autorola.com> wrote:
>
> I am still very short om spare time, so I hope I can outsource completion of this task
to some of you. What I can deliver here is a patch of what we have applied in our production
which have run successfully since 9. Marts. Note that this is based on an early RC41.
> I can't deliver any automated test, it is either believe that it is a good thing that
we don't get any complaints from our customers, or try to formalize what I have wrote earlier
in this thread.

Same here.  Since Chris brought it up, mebbie he can find the time.

> On Apr 7, 2016, at 12:15 PM, Jan Sindberg <jsi@autorola.com> wrote:
>
> I think that I also wrote earlier that the patch is a qualified guess meaning that the
solution works satisfactorily for us, but that it might be possible to tweak it a little more
with more knowledge of for instance the real timeout which ApacheDS uses for connections (iff
that is not controlled by some loadbalancer or elasticIp that our OP team has put in front,
I don't know). Maybe timeout should be configurable? But the what should be our recommendation
and advice on how to find optimum? Maybe it doesn't matter :-)
> Two months since I started this thread, and it feels like very long time B-)
>
> The patch is attached.

Did not see it.  Prolly best to create a JIRA and attach it there.

Thanks,

Shawn