From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Apache Fortress] [FC-144] Questions on implementation of Role-to-Group relationship
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:05:24 GMT

> On Aug 17, 2016, at 12:26 PM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I was thinking about a much easier way.  There is already a group object in fortress:
> https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/fortress/core/model/Group.java
>
> along with corresponding classes like GroupMgr, GroupDao, etc…
>
> Currently this group maps to users, we extend it to map to roles as well.  That is saying
the memberof would be the dn of the role object, not of the user.

I should have pointed out earlier I have done some of the prep work for managing groups of
roles.  Here are the corresponding commits where you can see the changes that have been made:
https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/commit/015dfdf8287a924150920c871d4c206e107151c6
https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/commit/a199f7a7dcb67e42c52cd1a262fd2faeed2acf39

But there will be more work to do, adding the apis described in FC-144:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FC-144