From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fortress and Openldap
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 18:58:16 GMT
A google search found a few resources describing a conversion of slapd.conf to OLC.  I don’t
know how credible they are, but it might be worth a try, after you get it working with the
conf file.

http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch6/slapd-config.html

Shawn

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 1:48 PM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 2, 2016, at 1:30 PM, Ted Haynes <edwardahaynes@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Shawn. No, I did not see that. With the newer version of OpenLDAP, the slapd.conf
file is deprecated. Now it expects ldif file to be imported instead of using a schema file.
Do you have any suggestions? I have seen in some examples the use of ldif files and ldapadd

> Ted, my guess is slapd.conf will continue to be supported for some time, i.e. many years.
 I haven’t tested fortress with the cn=config utility so can’t provide the instructions.
 There are many other settings besides schema that must be applied so my recommendation is
learn fortress/openldap with the .conf file first before attempting to use the online config
- if that is a requirement for you.

> You can submit a ticket to fortress JIRA and we’ll try to work it in, although I can’t
make any promises of how soon.  If you are feeling adventurous, and want to try implementing
using the online config, we’ll do our best to support you, and incorporate what you learned
in the doc.  But again, learn using the conf file first, before making the leap to the other.