From Damianos Metallidis <metalidi...@gmail.com>
Subject FailureSuggestion
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 21:34:08 GMT
Hello to all,

I want your opinion, if it is possible, for the following situation.

Let's say that we want to calculate metrics like Mean Time to
Failure(MTTF) and Mean Time Between Failure(MTBF) of fortress-web.
Is there a way to make a software component to fail in order to have one
of these metrics?
I am able to monitor and have the formulas for the above metrics but i
am not sure how to make a page fail. Let's say for example that i want
Perm page to fail and not open.
If that happens i can detect it but i am searching a "good" way in order
to make Perm page to fail (for example).

One suggestion would be to edit some variables in the Perm page and not
be able to open,thus making it un-able to open and then fail but i am
not sure if this is the best way.
Can you please suggest if there is a better way?

In case you wondering, i am using a monitoring system that constantly
monitors fortress-web,for testing purposes.

If you need any more clarification in order to suggest a way am i able
to give more info.

My regards,
Damian