From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fortress and Openldap
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:02:09 GMT

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 2:47 PM, Ted Haynes <edwardahaynes@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi Shawn. I do have Fortress running with ApacheDS, but I also wanted to get it running
with OpenLDAP since we have more experience with that. I will take a look at those directions.

Ted, it was a fair question and has bumped up the priority (in my mind) for providing help
for this.  The good news is it should be relatively straightforward to accomplish.  Someone
out there may have already done this (penn state?) and maybe they’ll step forward with their
experiences using slapd’s OLC.

> On Aug 2, 2016, at 2:47 PM, Ted Haynes <edwardahaynes@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> On a different note, is there verbose documentation for the Fortress REST API, such as
using Swagger or something like that? At the moment, I am looking at the test cases to find
the payload examples and HttpIds.java file to see the method URI.

Nothing as cool as swagger doc unfortunately.

What I can offer is this:
https://symas.com/javadoc/fortress-rest/org/apache/directory/fortress/rest/FortressServiceImpl.html

Which is the fortress-rest javadoc.  It provides the service and param names, along with descriptions,
and whether they are required or optional.

You can also flip a switch in the fortress-core apis to route through fortress-rest.

There are some basic instructions here:
https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-enmasse/blob/master/README.md
SECTION 7: Alternate testing procedures

That way when you run the fortress-core junit tests, all of the api calls will route through
the rest server first rather than ldap.  You can then capture those and use as examples for
your tests cases. It will generate thousands of service invocations.

I realize this may not make sense so feel free to follow-up with any questions you may have.

Shawn