From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Fortress 1.0.1 released
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 12:17:52 GMT
Le 19/08/16 à 13:14, sebb a écrit :
> What is the project about? Why should I be interested in it?
> [rhetorical questions]
>
> The Announce emails are sent to people not on the developer or user lists.
> Most will have no idea what the project is about.
>
> It's helpful to have a short introduction near the start of the
> announcement to give the context.
> If they are interested, they can read further.
>
> In this case there is a brief description of the project in the mail,
> but it is right at the bottom.
>
> Please could you consider putting the description at the start of the
> mail for future releases?

Thanks Sebb !

Yes, we need to add a short description of Fortress at the begining of
the announcement. We do that for other projetcs :

"The Apache Directory team is pleased to announce the release of ApacheDS

2.0.0-M23, the 23th milestone towards a 2.0 version, which fixes some issue
in the 2.0.0-M22 release.

ApacheDS is an extensible and embeddable directory server entirely written
in Java, which has been certified LDAPv3 compatible by the Open Group.
Besides LDAP it supports Kerberos 5 and the Change Password Protocol. It
has been designed to introduce triggers, stored procedures, queues and
views to the world of LDAP which has lacked these rich constructs.

..."

or

"The Apache Directory Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Directory Studio 2.0.0-M10, the next milestone towards a 2.0 version.

Apache Directory Studio is a complete directory tooling platform
intended to be used with any LDAP server however it is particularly
designed for use with ApacheDS. It is an Eclipse RCP application,
composed of several Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, that can be easily upgraded
with additional ones. These plugins can even run within Eclipse itself.
"

for instance.

Thanks !