From Steve Moyer <smo...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Fortress Properties
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:12:29 GMT
In FPS, we set each ftProps attribute to <key>:<value>.  We also include both the
Fortress JAR and the LDAP client JAR.  Searching in FPS always uses LDAP queries, so if you're
looking for "country" that starts with "C", you can use:

(ftProps=country:c*)

If you (Pike) want a walk-through of the code we can grab a focus room for 20 minutes.

Steve

“Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea which could only have originated
in California.” – Edsger Dijkstra

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: fortress@directory.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 11:07:07 AM
Subject: Re: Fortress Properties

> On Oct 13, 2016, at 9:56 AM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I think that will work, but I don't see a way to search by user properties, so I still
think we need to decide how to expose searching through the API.

Yes to exposing a new search apis for prop names, values (see prev comments)

As for how to search by prop name, something like this….

String searchVal = encodeSafeText( user.getUserId(), GlobalIds.USERID_LEN );
filterbuf.append( GlobalIds.FILTER_PREFIX );
filterbuf.append( Config.getInstance().getProperty( USER_OBJECT_CLASS ) );
filterbuf.append( ")(" );
filterbuf.append( GlobalIds.PROPS );
filterbuf.append( "=" );
filterbuf.append( searchVal );
filterbuf.append( “mypropname” + “*” + ))" );