From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fortress Properties
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2016 15:07:07 GMT

> On Oct 13, 2016, at 9:56 AM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I think that will work, but I don't see a way to search by user properties, so I still
think we need to decide how to expose searching through the API.

Yes to exposing a new search apis for prop names, values (see prev comments)

As for how to search by prop name, something like this….

String searchVal = encodeSafeText( user.getUserId(), GlobalIds.USERID_LEN );
filterbuf.append( GlobalIds.FILTER_PREFIX );
filterbuf.append( Config.getInstance().getProperty( USER_OBJECT_CLASS ) );
filterbuf.append( ")(" );
filterbuf.append( GlobalIds.PROPS );
filterbuf.append( "=" );
filterbuf.append( searchVal );
filterbuf.append( “mypropname” + “*” + ))" );