From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Failing tests
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2016 19:49:50 GMT

> On Oct 2, 2016, at 1:27 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> on Jenkins [1] 5 tests in GroupMgrImplTest in fortress-core are failing.
> Seems this test class was added recently. Root cause is
>
> LdapSchemaViolationException: attribute 'ftType' not allowed
>
> Is there additional test setup required?

Hello Stefan,

Yes, there have been new tests added and they require the latest schema:
https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/ldap/schema/fortress.schema

The docker image running the tests was created using an old fortress-builder package which
doesn’t have latest schema, hence the error.

These test should prolly do same as the slapd quickstart:
https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-SLAPD.md

First stage the slapd install binary into the /ldap folder before running mvn test -Pinit-slapd
as root.  A bit better this way than having load a separate package like a builder.zip.  But
in this case better means that a fix must be applied.  I can do it but can’t commit to the
‘when’ other than soon.

An expedient hack would be to just change the docker test to use a modified RC39 package where
the latest schema has been added.

Thanks,
Shawn