From Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Groups ftProps
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 18:52:20 GMT
Not sure I'm following. I created a PropertyMgr / PropertyDAO that can crud properties on objects
that support ftProps (Role, AdminRole, PermObj, Permission). Should it handle Group? If so,
how?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: fortress@directory.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 1:38:54 PM
Subject: Re: Groups ftProps

> On Nov 22, 2016, at 12:03 PM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>

> ftProps should be allowed on groups correct? I don't see it being added as an object
class in the GroupDAO.

The default uses this structural OC:

## OC8: LDAP Configuration Group Structural Object Class
objectClass ( ftObId:8
    NAME 'configGroup'
    DESC 'LDAP Configuration Group'
    SUP groupOfNames
    MUST (
         configProtocol $
         ftType
         )
    MAY configParameter
    )

and maps the properties name/values to the configParameter attribute.

But that default can be changed by altering these these fortress.properties settings:
    private static final String GROUP_OBJECT_CLASS = "group.objectclass";
    private String GROUP_OBJECT_CLASS_IMPL;
    private static final String GROUP_PROTOCOL_ATTR = "group.protocol";
    private String GROUP_PROTOCOL_ATTR_IMPL;
    private static final String GROUP_PROPERTY_ATTR = "group.properties”;

The rationale is so that other types of groups can be used, for example Guacamole’s group
objects can be managed by fortress although I don’t recall whether we supported props there
as well.

Thanks,
Shawn