From Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Groups ftProps
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 14:22:44 GMT
That worked! I think the property manager is ready to merge in...

https://github.com/PennState/directory-fortress-core-1/tree/feature/fc197ManageProperties

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: fortress@directory.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 2:23:29 PM
Subject: Re: Groups ftProps

a bit more

1. change the schema:
## OC8: LDAP Configuration Group Structural Object Class
objectClass ( ftObId:8
…
    MAY ftProps
    )

2. change build.properties

# Use Fortress defined LDAP Group objectclass:
group.properties= ftProps

3. give ‘er a whirl and fix what breaks.  ;-)

> On Nov 22, 2016, at 1:13 PM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 22, 2016, at 12:52 PM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Not sure I'm following. I created a PropertyMgr / PropertyDAO that can crud properties
on objects that support ftProps (Role, AdminRole, PermObj, Permission). Should it handle Group?
If so, how?

> Short answer no.  Longer answer yes but needs a bit of work.  We’d alter the object
class to use that property and go from there.