From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bootstrap UI for Wicket pages in fortress?
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:02:00 GMT
I've been able to craft a docker image and it runs (port 32768). That
part works :-).

I'd love to test both the docker image and your cloud env because that
way I know things are setup correctly.

If you wish you can use my public key to encrypt the properties file
(4096R/9DB45704 2016-11-17). I've added my picture to the key so you
know it's me :-D

Martijn

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 3:37 PM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
> Hello Martjin,
>
> Understand your concerns completely.  There’s docker support here (with openldap running
inside):
> https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/tree/master/docker
>
> Or, we can go the server hosted in a public cloud.
>
> Either way is fine with me.  You pick.
>
> Shawn
>
>> On Nov 29, 2016, at 8:23 AM, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi Shawn,
>>
>> If you could conjure up a docker image with the prerequisites, that
>> would be awesome. Or a cloud instance is also good.
>>
>> While we love to learn, there's only so much time we can devote to
>> this undertaking. I'd rather focus on the bootstrap+wicket side than
>> working on 2-4 weeks of configuration.
>>
>> Martijn

>>> Yes, this is both fine and very much appreciated.

>>> Yes, it would be good if it can be broken into phases.

>>> Sorry, we should have a pointer there to these instructions:
>>> https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-APACHEDS.md
>>>
>>> Let me know if you need a windows or mac dev env and I’ll prepare the documentation.
>>>
>>> The steps for dev env require an ldap server installed, configured w/ schema,
data loaded, and tested (optional).  There is another clone required:
>>> https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core
>>>
>>> Before you can build, deploy and test the fortress-web component, which is wholly
dependent on the core for its ldap functionality.

>>> When you reach, SECTION 5. Apache Tomcat Setup, if you already have it installed
to your dev env, only do this:
>>> 2. Download the fortress realm proxy jar into tomcat/lib folder:
>>>  sudo wget http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/directory/fortress/fortress-realm-proxy/2.0.0-RC1/fortress-realm-proxy-2.0.0-RC1.jar
-P /usr/local/tomcat8/lib

>>> which is to download the fortress-realm proxy jar into the /lib folder of your
tomcat instance (and restarted). The realm is the container security impl that fortress web
uses for authentication and coarse-grained authorization.  It also where the session is first
established when the user first logs onto the app.

>>> Skip SECTION 6. Apache Fortress Rest Setup as it’s not needed.
>>>
>>> Then SECTION 7
>>> The mvn deploy step of course will need proper creds for tomcat, or you can copy
the .war into your tomcat/webapps folder manually and it should work fine.

>>> As we’re dealing with an LDAP server which is akin to the complexity of an
RDBMS, there is an initial learning curve that can make simple steps tricky.  For example

>>> As said before I will be your mentor.  Anything you find hard to do, we’ll
make note of, and fix so the next guy perhaps has an easier time.  (for example proper instructions
on fortress-web)

>>> So i must warn you that there’ll be extra challenges on our project that perhaps
you would not have on another.  But this may actually be a good thing because ldap knowledge
can be useful (me thinks).

>>> I am also open to hosting a server in the cloud for you, that you can just be
pointed to when working on this project, so you don’t have to have one running inside your
dev env.