From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Auth Anon Roles
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 15:11:52 GMT
Hey Chris,

Digging into this again, trying to figure out where we left off, here’s where I ended up:

1. Add properties to roles that discriminate, e.g. anonymous = true / false

2. Add new validator class, per earlier description, that fires during the role activation
phase.  This validator will either allow or deny roles to be activated based on value of property
on user-role assignment, and the isTrusted flag contained within the session.

3. Enable the validation class

Are we tracking right here?  If so, we take advantage of already existent property attribute
on roles and create a new validator class.  We’ll also need to verify that the properties
propagate to the user-role assignment.  If they don’t that will need to be changed as well.

Shawn

conversation (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-fortress/201512.mbox/browser).

> My goal was to be able to add check boxes to a role that allowed either all authenticated
users and/or all anonymous users to have that role. Does the AuthN Valditor support this and
if so how?