From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Auth Anon Roles
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 13:45:19 GMT
Not knowing more about your app’s reqs I don’t understand why this role validator approach
won’t work.

Put more bluntly — why can’t you just assign the two roles to every user?

What I do know is this validator was created per your req’s — initially.  The ticket explained
the approach, and it was implemented per that description.

Shawn

> On Apr 7, 2017, at 5:59 AM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I can handle this in our service pretty easily.
>
> 1. Add properties to roles (giveAnonymous, giveAuthenticated)
> 2. In our endpoint that returns roles for a user, add those extra roles as appropriate
>
> I will probably end up doing this for the time being. I think the same sort of thing
could be done in the fotress API, but not sure how that affects the RBAC standard.

role.  You would need to extend this class for each role that has constraint based on their
authentication status -- authenticated or not.

and this conversation (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-fortress/201512.mbox/browser).

>> As it turns out, FC-127 was implemented.  The validator is here:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/fortress/core/util/AuthNValidator.java
>>
>> By reading the ticket it’s clear that we coded what I mentioned a few hours ago.
 So the good news is I’m consistent, the bad news (for me) is that I completely forgot that
this code had actually been implemented.