From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Auth Anon Roles
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2017 01:08:35 GMT
Yes, the validator only works with assigned roles.  This is standard RBAC — only assigned
roles may be activated into session.

> On Apr 6, 2017, at 1:17 PM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Thinking about this a little more... How does the validator work? Does it only fire for
roles a user is currently assigned?

added to the project, but disabled by default in the config.

> Shawn
>
>> On Apr 6, 2017, at 10:45 AM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I think that makes sense. Would the new validator class be part of fortress
or just part of our project?

phase.  This validator will either allow or deny roles to be activated based on value of property
on user-role assignment, and the isTrusted flag contained within the session.

>> 3. Enable the validation class
>>
>> Are we tracking right here?  If so, we take advantage of already existent property
attribute on roles and create a new validator class.  We’ll also need to verify that the
properties propagate to the user-role assignment.  If they don’t that will need to be changed
as well.

and this conversation (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-fortress/201512.mbox/browser).

>>> My goal was to be able to add check boxes to a role that allowed either all authenticated
users and/or all anonymous users to have that role. Does the AuthN Valditor support this and
if so how?