From Gigen Thomas <gigenthomas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fortress] Install of fortess core with Open Ldap 2-4.31 fails
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 00:03:47 GMT
Hi Shawn,

Thank you for the suggestions. I got this to work with slapd.conf. The
default install of openldap uses dynamic config - you can tell this by the
presence of slap.d  directory under /etc/ldap.

All I did to get this to work was to delete the slap.d directory and copy
the slapd.conf to /etc/ldap

I would imagine that if were to now convert  slapd.conf to dynamic config,
this should work as well. Have not tried this yet. Just happy to get this
to work for now .

Here's my environment if someone else runs into this:

openldap-2.4.42
Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

Regards,
Gigen Thomas