From Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Load Admin Permissions
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 19:44:09 GMT
When a new method and accompanying admin permission are added into fortress core, currently,
I have to manually add it in all our environments. I would prefer for our service to simply
verify that all the admin permissions exist and create them if they don't.

For example, we added methods into the admin manager to create permission attribute sets (ReviewMgr.addPermissionAttributeSet).
I want our service to create this admin permission on start if it doesn't exist, instead of
manually creating it in DEV, TEST, etc...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: fortress@directory.apache.org
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 3:31:52 PM
Subject: Re: Load Admin Permissions

Chris, the list of all admin permissions is returned by calling this api:
http://directory.apache.org/fortress/gen-docs/latest/apidocs/org/apache/directory/fortress/core/DelReviewMgr.html#findRoles-java.lang.String-

but experience tells me you already know this and are asking something a bit different.  What
do you mean by all ‘possible’ admin permissions?

Shawn

> On May 15, 2017, at 10:26 AM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Yes, but how do I get the list of all possible admin permissions? I would like our service
to verify all admin permissions exist in the system when it starts.

 10:40 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: fortress@directory.apache.org Subject: Load Admin Permissions
> Rather than running mvn/ant, is there currently a way to programmatically load admin
permissions?