From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Load Admin Permissions
Date Mon, 15 May 2017 20:35:15 GMT

> On May 15, 2017, at 3:23 PM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> It looks like the addPermissionAttributeSet is missing from that. I think DelegatedAdminManagerLoad.xml
has everything, but not sure if there is an easy way to read that file.

which should be corrected, as it means we don’t have an admin permission yet and aren’t
testing it usage properly.

I agree with your assessment, prolly no to use the test class that isn’t a hack.  In any
case that class resides in the test jar and I doubt you’d want to add that dependency to
your prod envs, nor would I.

> On May 15, 2017, at 3:23 PM, Chris Pike <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I think ideally I would create an annotation that could be put on API methods that indicated
if they had a corresponding admin permission, then I could just inspect the APIs for those
annotations.

That sounds like a reasonable approach.  Can’t think of a downside.  Can you?

Shawn