From "Brian Brooks (US)" <Brian.Bro...@datapath.com>
Subject Storage for Assigned Password Policy?
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 21:17:44 GMT
Hello Fortress Community,

We need to implement in our application password quality checks like IETF Password Policy
for LDAP Directories draft, section 5.2.5 pwdCheckQuality, https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-behera-ldap-password-policy-10#section-7.
 These would be applied during new user creation, password change, etc.  We're planning to
use Fortress and ApacheDS.

Two questions:
1. Is there a way to extend Fortress password policy validation with pwdCheckQuality validations?
 Is this better done with an ApacheDS extension?
2. When a user is assigned a password policy, where is the assignment stored in the directory
server?
For example, if I do the following
2.1.Login to fotress-commander.
2.2. Select a user.
2.3. Set the user's "PW Policy".
2.4. Click "Commit".
What happens?  Where does fortress-commander store the

Brian Brooks
Sr Software Engineer
brian.brooks@datapath.com
Office: +1 678 252 4498