From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A call to arms (for fortress case studies)
Date Tue, 09 May 2017 16:21:20 GMT

> On May 9, 2017, at 10:50 AM, Yudhi Karunia Surtan <brainmaster716@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here is the link of my testimony to apache fortress,
> *http://directory.staging.apache.org/fortress/testimonials.html
> <http://directory.staging.apache.org/fortress/testimonials.html>*
> I wish this page can be publish to public page so other people might have
> the same benefit as me using apache fortress. There i also give an example
> case for generic use case.
> I hope those example might become a trigger for other person or community
> to give ideas for solve their problems.

Hello Yudhi, Combing CAS and Fortress via a declarative filtering mechanism is an effective
means for integrating SSO and properly securing web apps.  First, it is programmer unaware,
which is fail-safe.  Second, you’ve managed to combine the sessions for the two which is
something rarely done in practice.  Congrats on this impressive work and for a solid security
solution.  You’ve done very well.

And thanks to you and your team for this contribution to our community. Perhaps one day we
can more closely integrate this into our project, but in any case it’s a best-practice and
I encourage others to try it.

Here is the link on prod: http://directory.apache.org/fortress/testimonials.html

Shawn