From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Fortress 2.0.0 release (Take 2)
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:56:11 GMT

> On Jun 26, 2017, at 9:44 AM, Colm O hEigeartaigh <coheigea@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Is there a reason that the source packages have to appear at a separate
> location? Why not just integrate it into the maven build cycle instead?

Assuming you mean the source.zip packages?  Our maven build creates them, but I manually delete
before closing the repo.

Why?  I’m hardly the expert on which entity should release what artifacts, but my thoughts
are maven is for publishing jars (source, javadoc, binaries) and our apache project publishes
zips (binary and source).

Let me know if this is wrong and we’ll adjust it next time.

Thanks,
Shawn