From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Fortress 2.0.0 release (Take 2)
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 19:12:21 GMT
On 06/22/2017 06:39 PM, Shawn McKinney wrote:
> Sure, thanks for checking.
>
> Want to reinforce to everyone that following one of the DOCKER quickstarts can be done
in < 10 minutes.

> I had to correct a couple of typeo’s in the apacheds, so use the latest:
>
> https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-DOCKER-APACHEDS.md

I added the alterntive to just docker pull instead of building from scratch.

> or if you prefer, openldap:
>
> https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-DOCKER-SLAPD.md
In this readme I see instructions to edit slapd.properties and to start
and stop slapd process. I guess that is not required when using the
docker image, right?

> Download and build the docker image, pull the source by tag, build and run the integration
tests.

There are also bash scripts
src/docker/apacheds-for-apache-fortress-tests/run-tests.sh and
src/docker/openldap-for-apache-fortress-tests/run-tests.sh to run the
tests in one shot, but they are not fail proof at all so don't cleanp
docker container if build fails.