From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Fortress 2.0.0 release (Take 2)
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2017 14:51:52 GMT

> On Jun 22, 2017, at 2:12 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> I added the alterntive to just docker pull instead of building from scratch.

Yes, much better.

> In this readme I see instructions to edit slapd.properties and to start
> and stop slapd process. I guess that is not required when using the
> docker image, right?

Correct, I have it removed now.  Prolly need to add some basic management instructions of
the ldap server inside the container, i.e. stop, start, will look into it.

>> Download and build the docker image, pull the source by tag, build and run the integration
tests.

> There are also bash scripts
> src/docker/apacheds-for-apache-fortress-tests/run-tests.sh and
> src/docker/openldap-for-apache-fortress-tests/run-tests.sh to run the
> tests in one shot, but they are not fail proof at all so don't cleanp
> docker container if build fails.

Yeah that’s another option.  I need to do some testing, should be easier / faster, especially
for testing releases.

Thanks,
Shawn