From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: info fortress glassfish javaEE
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 02:45:41 GMT

> On Jun 19, 2017, at 2:56 PM, Marco Zanghì <marcozanghi3@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'll try to map the core-fortress API with a Glassfish Realm. Do you think
> it is good starting point the Tc7AccessMgrProxy implementation?

Hello Marco,

That’s cool you’re going to give this a try.

I recommend using the J2eePolicyMgr APIs in fortress-realm-impl as they were specifically
designed for usage inside of a container plug-in:

http://static.javadoc.io/org.apache.directory.fortress/fortress-realm-impl/2.0.0-RC2/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/J2eePolicyMgr.html

At least you can start there, and if we need some apis in the core, they will be available
too because the realm-impl depends on core.

As far as a model to follow, you’re on the right track but the proxy is using a URLclassloader
to load the impl classes, which keeps the impl classes off the container’s system classpath
and on the apps classpath, contained in the .war file.

However I’d like to help out with the proxy, as I have some experience, and it can be tricky
getting it right.

But for your try, you can skip a proxy, and use something like this, class that is in the
realm-impl:
http://static.javadoc.io/org.apache.directory.fortress/fortress-realm-impl/2.0.0-RC2/org/apache/directory/fortress/realm/tomcat/TcAccessMgrImpl.html

Which will require you to throw the fortress jars on the system classloader once you’re
ready to test.

Once we’ve got it working that way, we can try to get the proxy layer going as a second
step.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,
Shawn