From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Process of making changes at trunk
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 09:18:33 GMT

Le 04/04/2018 à 09:26, Yudhi Karunia Surtan a écrit :
> Guys,
>
> Finally make my first commit to apache git repository.
> Thanks for guide me until here.
>

> I also find there are some duplication for some code like this :
>
>     Properties properties = null;
>     List<Props.Entry> props = inProps.getEntry();
>     if ( props.size() > 0 )
>     {
>         properties = new Properties();
>         //int size = props.size();
>         for ( Props.Entry entry : props )
>         {
>             String key = entry.getKey();
>             String val = entry.getValue();
>             properties.setProperty( key, val );
>         }
>     }
>     return properties;
>

> at org.apache.directory.fortress.core.model.Group,
> org.apache.directory.fortress.core.model.Permission,
> org.apache.directory.fortress.core.model.PermObj,
> org.apache.directory.fortress.core.model.Role,
> org.apache.directory.fortress.core.model.User.
>
> Currently we have RestUtils.getProperties What do you think if above
> classes using RestUtils method to remove duplication? However, if we do
> that from the dependency point of view, i think it is a bit awkward because
> "model" package depends on "rest" package.

I do think an utility function should be added to fortress-core, as each
project depends on it. It makes no sense to move that to the
fortress-rest module, IMHO.

One more thing :

if ( props.size() > 0 )

should be

if ( !props.isEmpty() )

And, yes, +1 to remove code duplication :-)

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org