From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Apache Fortress 2.0.1 release
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2018 14:41:43 GMT
Hello,

I’m happy to announce that after a year’s worth of work we’ve managed to put together
a new release.  Just to set expectations, it won’t be another before the next one.

There are some interesting items that need out. Yudhi’s High availability being one of them.

Also I should mention a few patches security related, i.e. ++versions on artifacts from apache
cxf and others which make this release particularly important.

For those new to *testing* Fortress releases, I highly recommend using one of the DOCKER quick
starts listed below.  Run the steps up to and including ‘integration tests’.  On a linux
machine that has preqs (docker, java8, mvn, git) should take < 10 minutes to complete.
 Do not hesitate to prompt me on our ml if you have questions or doubts.

Lastly, apologize in advance.  Wrt to improving the fortress source bundling/staging to simplify
*your* job testing the releases.  Both Stefan and Colm kindly offered suggestions last year,
but the ball got dropped.  We’ll get ‘er right by next time.

Now the release…

*********************

This is an announcement to vote for the next Apache Directory Fortress.

The version, 2.0.1, has a tag created in git: ‘2.0.1’.

and the sources may be pulled using git commands:
git clone --branch 2.0.1 https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/directory-fortress-core.git
git clone --branch 2.0.1 https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/directory-fortress-realm.git
git clone --branch 2.0.1 https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/directory-fortress-enmasse.git
git clone --branch 2.0.1 https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/directory-fortress-commander.git

with their associated checksums:
- core:  4009d2d0a5cc7b6d2a5a2e744a7dabab52c64e65
- realm: dc23b6cbb93d1d0e998f0dcd03e7665df8c97475
- rest:  1189b666a66176731c745c7c8be984f76f59a76d
- web:   0423ea8b8dc3a6a410e84908ba9272661bcadb63

Or, source distros may be downloaded from this location:
http://home.apache.org/~smckinney/

The staging repos on Nexus:
- core: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1159
- realm: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1160
- rest: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1161
- web: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1162

Test using one of these:
 * https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-DOCKER-APACHEDS.md
 * https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-APACHEDS.md
 * https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-DOCKER-SLAPD.md
 * https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/blob/master/README-QUICKSTART-SLAPD.md

- Choose one of the above.  Complete (only) the sections leading up to and including the SECTION
entitled: 'Apache Fortress Core Integration Test’
- Choose the docker quickstart & save time.  Won't have to install an LDAP server for
the integration tests.

2.0.1 includes:
* Update to use Apache LDAP API v1.0.2
* FC-235 Add support for runtime constraints to be placed on activated roles
* FC-102 [fortress-web] fix problems with group page
* FC-108 Add support for RFC2307 BIS
* FC-217 Option to disable role occupants
* FC-226 ehcache masking security exceptions
* FC-227 Exclude xml-apis from LDAP api
* FC-228 [fortress-rest] CVE-2017-12624: Apache CXF web services that process attachments
are vulnerable to Denial of Service (DoS) attacks
* FC-233 [FORTRESS-REST] Upgrade to Spring 5 and latest CXF
* FC-232 [fortress-web] to Spring 5 and Wicket 7.9

* The complete list from JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FC-232?jql=project%20%3D%2012315921%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%2012338782%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20key%20ASC

Please vote:

[ ] +1 | Release Fortress core, realm, rest and web 2.0.1
[ ] +/-0 | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do *NOT* Release Fortress core, realm, rest and web 2.0.1

Shawn