From "Pike, Christopher" <clp...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: FC-250
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2018 21:10:39 GMT
We use the fortress model java classes for our fortress rest service (both server and client
side). With the addition of that annotation it requires there to now be a property named "fqcn"
on every object or de-serialization fails. This means we either have to update all of our
code at once (not feasible), or do some jackson specific things to our code to ignore that
field (mixins) or have our own branch that comments that annotation out. (was trying to get
away from this, FYI, I submitted a few PRs)

What is the scenario where you don't know the type and need it explicitly specified in the
JSON?

________________________________
From: Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:57:03 PM
To: fortress@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: FC-250

Hey Chris,

Changes made by Kiran to support a JSON message format via Fortress REST component.

JSON is used by the new UI, Embrasure.

Obviously if this is breaking some previous behavior we need to provide a solution.

Can you elaborate on the problem… you mentioned serialization, what is the scenario that
worked before that no longer works?

Thanks,
—Shawn

> On Dec 19, 2018, at 2:10 PM, Pike, Christopher <clp207@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> This commit is a potentially breaking change. (https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-core/commit/2d8a53071b8d8b5bb3b6256f084a9e12d4a7cc10#diff-280616e1526a17336cdb4ff1855d7439)
>

> Specifically
>

> @JsonTypeInfo(use=Id.CLASS, include=As.PROPERTY, property="fqcn", visible=false)
> public abstract class FortEntity
>

> now requires an id field to be added to all fortress entities when serializing / de-serializing.
Can someone provide insight into what problem this is solving?