drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Frantz <jfra...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: contributing to drill
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 01:53:19 GMT
Hi David,

Glad to see there's interest given how new the project is! The current plan
from our side is to give interested folks another day or two to join on the
mailing list. I'll then send out a list of the research papers we've been
using as resources from our side, followed by an overview of the
architecture we've been designing.

If you've already read the Dremel paper, I'd also check out the original
Microsoft paper on Dryad. Google also recently published a paper on a
"variant" of Dremel called PowerDrill (which, as an aside, we were unaware
of when we proposed our project as "Drill").

-Jason