drill-dev mailing list archives

From Camuel Gilyadov <cam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drill reading links
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 02:44:33 GMT
Jason thanks for the kind words on ZeroVM. Even if all analytic
functionality the user need is within his query engine he may need to embed
custom parser that would format incoming data into tabular form and  which
in multi-tenancy context are not trusted usually, hence requiring wrapping
in VM.

Let me agree regarding DAG issue for now.

I'm wondering about following questions right now, could you shed some on
them?

1. Are any multi-tenancy semantics planned to be embedded into Apache
Drill? Or it is just as Hadoop supposed to be run entirely inside VM?

2. The query language parser - in what language it would be developed? Do
you recommend ANTLR for parser?

3. What is planned format for a query plan? Intermediate object-model form?
Some interpreted formally defined language? Standard programming language
such as C/C++? Native code?