drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DrQL grammar and parser
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 21:22:02 GMT
Camuel,

Do you have a grammar test suite that demonstrates the range of expressions?

Also, I believe that some have a goal to use additional languages besides
SQL like languages.  A limited version of pig, for instance, would be very
interesting.  To do this, it will be important to have a logical plan
structure that is common for different syntaxes and is not limited to the
idiosyncracies of any particular syntax.

How do you think that should be handled?  Do you have an idea for a logical
plan structure?