drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A list of questions on Dremel (or Apache Drill)'s columnar storage
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:21:09 GMT
Well, there are other approaches.  I don't want to be a broken record, but
these problems are all solved in MapR.  (there I said it... I won't repeat
it for a week or more).

The long and short of it is that HDFS is not a given.  It should be
supported, but the limitations of HDFS should not be baked into Drill as
gospel.