drill-dev mailing list archives

From Hyunsik Choi <hyun...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DrQL grammar and parser
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 00:20:35 GMT
Hi,

How about having a generic logical plan described as a DAG, where each
vertex indicates a logical operator including various annotations and each
edge represents a data flow. A DAG has much expressive power. Many
literatures have shown that most logical plans of various data manipulation
languages can be described as such a DAG.

Additional languages have different ASTs, and they can be transformed into
the generic logical plan. In this case, we can reuse logical plan, logical
plan optimization, and physical execution plan. Besides, Drill may consider
 a global plan that represents the distributed execution plan. Since the
global plan generally depends on the logical plan, we can also reuse all
code related to the global plan.

--
Hyunsik Choi