drill-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Love to help
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:04:16 GMT

> Please add me as well.

Done.

> Btw doesn't the apache project site itself have a section for news?

That might be. Though, the point of drill-user.org, as the name suggests, is really to seed
and foster the user base. Think of one customer segment we'd like to target, analysts. They
might need some special wording and examples how and when and where to use Drill, in contrast
to devs or devops who might deeply care re ProtoBuf vs. Avro ;)

So, for the time being, while there is no Drill software package one can download and toy
around with, I suppose the main point is to gain traction, and once we have something to show,
we might want to emphasis the 'usage' POV, more.

Cheers,
	   Michael

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

On 19 Sep 2012, at 07:55, Timothy Chen wrote:

> Please add me as well.
>
> Btw doesn't the apache project site itself have a section for news?
>
> On Sep 18, 2012, at 11:52 PM, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Would you pls invite me to participate your blog? I am appreciated to do so.
>>
>> Done. Keep it coming, folks ;)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>      Michael
>>
>> --
>> Michael Hausenblas
>> Ireland, Europe
>> http://mhausenblas.info/
>>
>> On 19 Sep 2012, at 07:44, Clark Yang (杨卓荦) wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michael
>>>
>>> Would you pls invite me to participate your blog? I am appreciated to do so.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Zhuoluo (Clark) Yang

volunteering at the design meeting to init this

invite anyone in this group to participate here - let me know and I add you to it and you
can directly use it to disseminate news and updates. Currently it's a one-man-show of mine,
trying to document our progress.

Optiq and

 Even
anything