drill-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <julianh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: logical plan design coming together
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 19:13:25 GMT
On Oct 12, 2012, at 12:04 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

> I spoke with Jason and he is a little less enthusiastic about JSON for an
> SSA sort of language.
>
> I think having me elaborate the current document with JSON versions would
> help the discussion be more concrete.

To be clear: I am fine with the LLVM-style representation. I actually think it's rather neat
to make the query-preparation process as similar to code compilation as possible, and see
where that takes us. I was listing some things to watch out for, just to make sure that this
works in the large. (I would have had a longer list if you'd proposed XML or JSON. :) )

Julian