drill-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where's the action?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 05:22:20 GMT
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:51 AM, Arun Ramakrishnan
<sinchronized.arun@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for this discussion.
>
> Besides the front end code being a github project, there are others such as
> the query parser<https://github.com/ApacheDrill/parser/blob/master/src/org/apache/drill/parsers/DrqlParser.java>
> and
> maybe one more project that implements the columnar storage level aspects.
>
> I was wondering why these isolated experiments outside the apache SCMs.

I think the answer is: Because people are eager to contribute to this
new podling, which is great.

But I agree with Ted, that we need to allow this project some warm-up.
Most other Hadoop-related projects come here with lots of code already
written, which gives them a head start.

> would love for there to be more active discussion on here as that might
> give people ideas on where they can get involved and also the status of the
> project.

+1. Discussion design-related topics maybe taking input from the
design meeting would be great.

  Bernd