drill-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudera impala
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 20:58:05 GMT
On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Ian Holsman <ian@holsman.com.au> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2012, at 7:28 AM, Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fondermann@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There are some interesting Open-Source at-Apache-gotchas in Impala as
>> it is currently on github:
>> Some files have Apache License Headers, some have no License header
>> and some bear some other license.
>
> I'm guessing they are in the process of uploading it to github as a open source project.
>
> The license file was just uploaded 4 hours ago,

Sure, that's why I said  "as it is currently on github".

> and it is Apache2.0 licensed.

The point is, some files aren't. They are "all rights reserved".

> If you file an issue about the missing headers and other licenses I'm sure they will
correct it quickly.

It's not an issue, at least not for me. Anyone can put up everything
on Github. Consumers just can't imply that it they can actually use it
the same way as Apache-released code.

> I'm even guessing that the main committer to the project is reading this list ;-)

Great, then I won't need to file a ticket. :-)

  Bernd