drill-dev mailing list archives

From Arunabha Ghosh <arunabha...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven complaining about java compiler version
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 07:30:46 GMT
Hi,
    I checked out the drill repo today and attempted to build the project.
During the build Maven complained about generics, annotations etc not being
available with the 1.3 compiler

[ERROR]
/home/arunabha/dev/apache-drill/sandbox/plan-parser/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/plan/physical/operators/Operator.java:[49,50]
error: generics are not supported in -source 1.3
[ERROR]
[ERROR] (use -source 5 or higher to enable generics)

Adding a section to the pom.xml to explicitly set the compiler to > 1.5
solved the problem, but I'm wondering if I was doing something wrong ? If
not, I'm happy to send a patch with the fix.

Arunabha