drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudera impala
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 01:38:16 GMT
There are apparently several issues with licensing on Impala.  Marketing
comments say open source.  The facts say "visible source" (no external
committers).  Also many files apparently have conflicting license terms.

It isn't clear what the situation is.  Until it is, we need to be a bit
careful.  Apache policy is that even if the license says yes, if the
authors don't like it, then pulling it in is not a good idea.