drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Style guide for Drill development ?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:02:36 GMT
I have been using very standard Sun style with 4 space indentation.  This
is the standard setting for IntelliJ.

Other aspects of standard code should include lots of tests, clear naming
and good comments.

None of this is very controversial.  The only unusual things that Apache
projects usually insist on are a) no @author tags in javadoc and b) apache
copyright at the top.

Another way to look at it is that we use the Lucene/Hadoop/Mahout style
with four spaces instead of 2.  See
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute#Making_Changes and
http://www.cs.bilgi.edu.tr/pages/standards_project/java_CodingStyle.pdf

For now, I am happy to be a human style checker.